This Sunday the first Sumo tournament of the year starts (don’t get too excited), and as it’s in Tokyo a ticket has been acquired. The plans for the day are already decided. Namely, getting there early so we can get near the front (before the rich folk who have reserved the outrageously priced seats arrive), and get some close-up pictures. Then retire to our seats (the cheap ones) at the outer reaches of the hall, and proceed to get rip roaringly drunk. It is a sporting event after all.
To get into the sumo mood, here’s a quick True/False quiz:
1. Some Sumo wrestlers in the past have had silicone implants on the top of their head in order to meet the sports height requirements.
2. Lower ranked wrestlers have to wipe the senior wrestlers posterior after, ahem, a toilet visit.
3. Despite being fat, and with a tendency to sweat profusely, Sumo wrestlers do well with the ladies.
Answers below the picture.
1. True. The height requirements are strictly adhered to, so some potential wrestlers are prepared to go to such drastic lengths to enter the sport. There are also stories of prospective wrestlers being hit on the top of the head just prior to the physical. The resultant lump helping them achieve the desired height.
2. True (perhaps). Fortunately I haven’t witnessed such a thing, nor seen any photographic evidence, but from all accounts it’s true. Maybe.
3. True. Despite their size, it’s not uncommon for some of the higher ranked wrestlers to bag one of the attractive TV presenters or celebrities that abound on Japanese TV. The top wrestlers it has to be said make an awful lot of money. Not that that has anything to do with love of course. Merely stating a fact.
I wish we could of saw that Sumo’s penis in that picture where he is on his back! I went to a sumo event before, and one of the wrestlers had an erection and began to precum during the fight, funniest thing I ever saw!